When a person visits our Websites, cookies or similar files may be installed, in particular on the web user's hard disk.
1) What is a cookie?
A cookie is information written to your hard disk by the server of the website you visit.
It contains several data items:
- the name of the server leaving the file on your disk;
- a unique identifying number;
- it may also include an expiry date…
This information is sometimes stored on your computer in a plain text file accessed by a server to read and record information.
There are different types of cookie:
- session cookies, which are deleted when the session closes;
- permanent cookies, which are stored;
- flash cookies.
2) The cookies We output from our Websites
The cookies We use on our Websites fall into the following categories:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary: these cookies are essential to the operation of our Websites and to provide the services you request. These cookies are designed to identify you, help make our services secure, access your account and manage your orders.
- Function or feature cookies: these cookies are aimed at enhancing your browsing experience on our Websites. We use them to store your choices and preferences, such as the language you use, to store previously-input information so as to avoid your having to input it again when you next visit, and to remind us of pages already visited so as not to re-display them.
- advertising-related cookies: We use these cookies to measure the impact of an advertising campaign on our Websites (number of pages viewed, number of clicks, etc.). For statistical purposes, among others, We also use software analysing and making use of events in response to the sending of e-mails, such as message opening, clicks, the termination of subscriptions or registrations, which operates using cookies.
3) Cookies output by third parties from our Websites
We also use Google Analytics to collect certain demographic data (age, sex) concerning Website visitors, as well as information concerning their interests, on an anonymous basis. For this purpose, jointly with third-party suppliers including Google, we use proprietary cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie). Ankama uses these data to gain a clearer understanding of its Website users' the profiles. This information does not enable us to identify you. Furthermore, these demographic data shall in no circumstances be associated with any personal data you may have disclosed to Ankama. You may at any time customise or de-activate those data via the Google Ads Settings page. You may opt out of using the Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing the Opt-out Browser Add-on available from the following address: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Online advertising networks
In connection with certain advertising campaigns, online advertising networks may place a cookie on your terminal to offer you targeted advertisements relating to Ankama's activities.
For further information on how advertisers use behavioural advertising cookies (among others) and how to disable them or avoid receiving such cookies, view the following website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
We may include on our Websites third-party computer applications enabling you to share the content of our Websites with other persons or to let those other persons know that you have viewed one of our Websites or acquaint them with your opinion concerning it. Particular examples of this are the "Share" and "Like" buttons derived from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc.
A button of this kind may enable a social network to identify you even if you did not click on it when viewing our Websites. A social-networking button of this kind can be used by the social network to which it links in order to track your browsing on our Websites, by the mere fact that your account with the social network is activated on your terminal (a session was opened) while you browse our Websites.
4) Cookies We place on websites which carry our advertising
Third-party sites may carry banners promoting the activities of Ankama entities. In these circumstances, when a web user clicks on such a banner, a cookie is installed in your device. These cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to record the number of pages viewed and clicks on our advertising content broadcast on third-party sites, to identify such content and sites and to determine the number of users clicking on each content.
- to calculate the amounts due to the entitled parties in the advertising dissemination chain (third-party site publishers and advertising networks) and to establish statistics
- to track subsequent browsing by your terminal on our sites.
5) Managing cookie preferences
Most browsers have default settings allowing the placing of cookies. However, if you wish you can disable cookies by selecting the appropriate settings options on your browser. The procedure for changing cookie settings may differ according to browser.
We wish to draw your attention to the fact that changing your browser settings to disable all cookies will prevent you from accessing certain features, pages and spaces of the Websites. Accordingly, we recommend that you disable only third-party cookies.